One of the best ways to improve your technique, expand your dance vocabulary, and generally find inspiration for your next performance is to watch other dancers. That's why this post is going to be short on words and big on video. I've included four of my favorite belly dance performances from some of today's top dancers. Enjoy!
Maria - USA
Didem - Turkey
Ruby Beh - USA
Aziza - Canada
If you liked what you saw, follow along with me on Pinterest, as I continue posting more mesmerizing, beautiful, and inspiring performance videos.
As a certified Goddess Life instructor, I like to think that I know a little bit about being a goddess. Case in point: I have a closet full of sequins, I never say no to cupcakes, I think champagne is divine, and have been known to wear a feather boa for no particular reason. However, there are certainly days when I don't feel like a goddess. How about you, ma cheri? Not feeling like a goddess lately? Well, being a goddess happens to be the official birthright of all women. In fact, the official motto of Goddess Life instructors, as created by Dolphina (who is also pictured above), happens to be "every women is goddess". So here's a few easy tips to put some heavenly pow back into your day.
1. Wear something that sparkles. Nothing says celestial being like a bit of bling. So don some costume jewelry, glittery eyeshadow, or a sequin dress to turn up your shine.
2. Get a massage or spa treatment. When not busy ruling the cosmos, causing mischief, and flirting with mortals, you can naturally find a goddess being pampered and waited upon. Imitate her and schedule some time into your week to let others cater to you and watch your inner radiance develop along with outer.
3. Lay around on your divan. When have you ever heard of a goddess multi-tasking, writing a to do list, or otherwise running around like a chicken with her head cut off? I'll tell you when - NEVER. So put down the blackberry, the blue tooth, and your iPad and indulge in doing nothing. Nap, read, kill time. Yes, as a goddess you even have the power to kill time. By the way, don't have a divan? Then a couch will substitute quite nicely.
4. Stop saying and thinking negative thoughts about yourself, your body, or your life. Could you ever hear Aphrodite saying her thighs are to big? Or imagine Athena moaning that she bombed a job interview? Or Hathor lamenting she's a bad dancer? Certainly not! A goddess is the embodiment of confidence, so ixnay on the self-depreciation.
5. Eat that piece of chocolate. Nothing says goddess like indulgence. Goddess are know for taking what they want. All things in moderation are okay. So if you've got a craving, no need for denial. Enjoy it. As the Charge of the Goddess says, "all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals".