I know 2016 was a rough one for a lot of people. The heartbreaking results of the U.S. elections aside, I feel like I was one of the lucky few to have a pretty good year. It was busy, but blessed.
But regardless of how 2016 treated you, we are now moving on and into 2017. Hello new year! Don't you just love that new year smell? Ripe with new beginnings, and fresh with energy and intention. I know I do.
Those who have been reading along with me for awhile now, know that I always pick a theme or mantra for each new year. This year's theme is Just Glow. It's how I want to feel day in and day out, inside and out. Sitting at work? Just glow. Driving in the car? Just glow. Performing onstage? Just glow. Working out at the gym? Just glow. How about that? It works for every occasion.
It's that just got done with yoga/mediation/good sex/great book/chocolate cake contented, tranquil, and happy feeling. It's finding gratitude in the ordinary and inspiration in the every day. It's shining your light and glowing bright.
Specifically, a few glowing goals I'm hoping to accomplish this year are:
1. Glow bright in the Lunaria Moon Over Manhattan show. (P.S. tickets are on sale now!)
2. Hike the Inca Trail in Peru. Tickets are booked for June!
3. Witness the solar eclipse (happening in August)
4. Finish (finally!) the draft of my novel
5. Create a midday mindfulness practice for the workday
6. Get my outer glow on using a combination of programs from Tone It Up, Pop Pilates, and foam rolling
7. Read a poem at a poetry slam
8. Attend a yoga festival
Ready to glow your own way in 2017? Here's a few brainstorming ideas of what might light you up:
- Want to get toned? Try the Tone It Up Look for Love Challenge
- Want to get flexible? Try Action Jacquelyn's Get Stretchy Program (or the free 10-day Office Stretching Challenge)
- Want to get dancey? Try Ruby Beh's Belly Dance Mentorship Program
- Want to get healthy? Try Cassey Ho's 28-Day Reset Challenge
- Want to get tranquil? Try a 10-day free trial of Headspace Meditation (I use this app every single day)
- Want to get fit? Try Sweaty Betty's free 31-Days to Fit Program
- Want to get dreamy? Try the Wild Woman New Moon Companion
- Want to get creative? Sign-up for a Creative Sprint Challenge