2. eBay: One of the questions I'm asked most frequently is where is a good place to buy costumes, and my first response is always eBay. Whether a newbie dancer looking for something inexpensive or a professional dancer looking for a designer costume, this is my first pick. If you're just starting out, you can get hip scarves, veils, basic circle skirts, and other essentials at good prices. I've also purchased used designer costumes from other dancers, brands such as Pharonics of Egypt and Joharah, at a fraction of their original prices. A few tips for buying costumes online:
- Know your measurements and know the measurements of the costume. However, even if the costume isn't your exact size and you simply adore it, know that most costumes can be altered (within reason), just be prepared to pay pricey alteration fees if you don't know how to do it yourself.
- Read the descriptions carefully to make sure you understand what's included and what condition it's in.
- Feel free to ask the seller to email you additional photos to better see the item.
- Check the seller's rating and feedback to make sure they are reliable and their merchandise meets expectations.
- Understand the shipping prices and terms - if you need something right away you don't want it coming to you on a slow boat from China.