Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Mid-Year Goal Check-In, Part One


We are already half-way through 2011! Can you believe it! My, my this year is whizzing by. At this mid-year point, it seems like the perfect time to do a goal check-in.

Back in January I wrote about my theme for the new year, "Celebrate and Sparkle", and what that theme meant to me in tangible terms. In fact, the picture above is a collage I put together of my theme; a visible reminder that I keep on my fridge as a daily mental nudge of what I want to manifest in my life. Drum roll please, let's see how this year is measuring up:

Goal #1: Wear more sequins.
Check! In addition to two new belly dance costume purchases, I've purchased some glittering garb appropriate for everyday attire. 

Goal #2: Buy more lingerie.
Check!! Actually, I really overindulged here and had to make some returns to Victoria Secret. Going for celebrate and sparkle, but not at the expense of credit card debt.

Goal #3: Dance with abandon.
In Progress. Definitely getting better. However, this is something that I probably will never check off as done, as developing one's expression with any creative or artistic endeavor is really a life-long process that's constantly evolving with changes in skill, age, circumstances, and experiences. I am however, currently working on my piece de resistance. Okay, maybe it's not that spectacular. But I will be debuting new choreography at this year's upcoming Med Fest. See my world premier at the Hiawatha Community Center on Saturday, July 16th at 3:30pm on the indoor stage!

Goal #4: Get a monthly facial and massage.
So far so good. And I've only paid full-price for one of my facials, thank you to Groupon, Living Social, and the other 20-something deal emails clogging my inbox daily.

Goal #5: Travel to England.
Check - with a twist. As my boyfriend and I missed booking tickets in time to use our miles for England, we are instead headed to Italy for two and a half weeks this fall. Itinerary is set to include Rome, Venice, Verona, Florence, Cinque Terra, Pisa, Siena, Assisi, Sorrento/Amalfi Coast, Naples, and Pompeii. Ciao bella! Sleeping may not fit into the itinerary until we return.  

Goal #6: Get feather extensions.
Check. Got these back in January and wore proudly for about two months until I snagged it with my hair brush.

Goal #7: Indulge in fresh flowers.
Mostly a check. I've been averaging two-ish bouquets of flowers per month. I usually just snag the cheap-o bouquets from Trader Joe's. However, lucky girl that I am, my boyfriend did surprise me with having this beautiful bouquet delivered to my work. The picture doesn't even do it justice. The whole thing was so dang big I couldn't get it all in the lens!


So yes, things are off to a good start. How about you sugarpop? How has 2011 been treating you?

P.S. Stay tuned for Part Two....

No comments:

Post a Comment