Friday, November 4, 2016

Star Power: The Lovely & Talented Loretta

I've decided to devote this month's post to my current belly dance crush: the lovely and talented Loretta. Flawless technique, long lines, crisp accents, artful musicality, magnetic stage-presence, flowing combinations, and lithe flexibility, all topped up with just the right amount of sexiness. In short, she's pretty much everything I've ever wanted in a belly dance performance.

I discovered Loretta on Instagram. She regularly posts performance videos that brighten my Insta feed and motivate me to work harder in my own practice. If you'd like to add her to your own Insta-love you can follow her here.

There are a number of reasons why I wanted to highlight Loretta this month. The first should be apparent after you watch a couple of her videos: she deserves it.

But I was also motivated by the possibility of potentially introducing her to dancers who may not have heard of her before. At least in Seattle, she's not a dancer I've heard discussed at any length. But I think her beautiful style and technique definitely warrant wider recognition, not to mention, that I would love for a sponsor to bring her to Seattle for workshops.

And last but not least, I wanted to feature her because other than being able to recognize her undeniable talent, I don't know a thing about her! So my curiosity is piqued. Anyone who knows more about her background, or perhaps has had the opportunity to study with her, please by all means, share your insights in the comments!

Without further adieu, I'll let Loretta's dance speak for itself.







3 comments:

  1. Hi! I met Loretta at some workshops, and she is indeed a lovely dancer. I can't tell you that much about her except she's Dutch and lives in the Netherlands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely wonderful article to visit The Lovely & Talented Loretta. thanks for bring that useful post.

    Online fitness courss in UK | Ballet Business Course with Balletbefit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad to hear you enjoyed the article!

      Delete