It's the 3rd annual belly dance beauty awards! Every year I like to post about the top beauty products I've discovered in the past year. Here's my new favorite discoveries since last year's post!
1. Dior Diorshow Maximizer Active Plumping Lash Primer - I previously had eyelash extensions for almost two years. While I absolutely loved the look, I did not love the time or price of upkeep, which eventually lead to me having them removed. But man, did I miss that big lash look. Enter Dior's lash primer. I discovered this product while checking out at Nordstrom Rack. I noticed how amazing the lashes of the girl ringing up me were, and she told me she used this product. I immediately ran out and purchased this primer, and it couldn't have been a better choice. The result was dramatic and noticeable, even to others. When I went to get a facial, my estitician asked me if I had lash extensions on. Nope. And my husband even noticed that my lashes looked longer. And seriously, what guy actually notices your lashes!? Damn, that's a good product.
2. Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum - Who doesn't love a 2-in-1 product? This is a eyeliner and lash growth serum in one. It's also the easiest to use liquid liner I have ever used. If you are an eye makeup virgin, this is your product. If you have been around the block and back, this is also your product, because why wouldn't you want a product that's easy to apply and stays in place, even through back to back classes?
3. Supergoop Defense Refresh Setting Mist SPF 50 - Another 2-in-1! If you've ever put on your full face of makeup, and then realized that you forgot to start with a layer of sun protection, never fear. This beauty toolkit essential is a makeup setting spray and SPF in one. Sprays on light and clear without leaving you feeling like you've added a layer of gunk to your face. Great for SPF touchups throughout the day, especially if vacationing somewhere warm and tropical. Also great for setting makeup before gigs in hot rooms or under warm stage lights.
4. Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk - In last year's beauty awards, I'd listed a dry shampoo from Lush. But then I discovered this one and now I'll never go back. It's a ingenious spray. Here's what you do: you just spray at the roots, and voila! You spray in volume and spray out excess oil. There's no white residue leftover like with many traditional powder-based dry shampoos, and it really does add noticeable volume and enhanced style.
7. Kaplan MD Perfect Pout Lip Mask + Lip Balm - Want to take the lip care a step further? Then I recommend Kaplan's lip mask and balm. The mask gently dissolves dry, cracked skin and then the balm seals in the healing with a dose of intense moisture. Great for either before or after shows, during wintertime, or whenever your lips needed a little extra care.
8. Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel - Nothing beats a professional chemical peel for smoothing fine lines, plumping skin, and getting you to glow. But this at home peel is the next best thing for at home skin maintenance. Juice Beauty's Green Apple Peel uses fruit enzymes to exfoliate off dead skin and reveal glowing skin underneath. Whenever my skin is looking a bit tired, I slather on a treatment of this to see instantly revitalized skin. Also comes in sensitive and blemish control versions.
9. Peter Thomas Roth Laser Free Retexturizer Exfoliating Scrub - If you couldn't tell, I'm big into skin exfoliation. It's one of the key cornerstones of youthful, radiant skin. I love this exfoliating scrub. It's gentle enough to use daily and helps reduce the size of pores, prevents blemishes, and eradicates dull-looking skin.
10. Beauty Protector Protect and Detangle - Hair can take a beating from too much blow-drying and heat styling. Help your hair out with Beauty Protector's leave-in conditioner. Another multitasker, this spray detangles, protects against heat, fights frizz, safeguards color, adds shine, and tops it all off with a yummy, fruity scent. Another product that I don't leave home without.