1. Benefit They're Real Push Up Eye Liner - I love this new liner from Benefit! The patented, flexible applicator allows for "tight" lining, which is the most effective placement of liner for making your eyes look bigger and more defined. It also dries quickly and doesn't smudge. I would add the disclaimer that it's not for eye liner newbies, as you need to get it right the first time, as you can't smudge out any mistakes, or reline over a second time, due to the fast drying nature of the product. But this shouldn't be a problem for anyone reading this blog, because belly dancers are eye liner aficionados, right?
2. Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Beach Spray - I've owned a large quanity of failed beach sprays in the past. But after discovering this gem not any more. It actually delivers on its promise to create beachy waves without crunch. This product will be most effective on individuals who already have some level of natural wave to their hair.
3. Style Sexy Hair 450 Blow Out Spray - I am frequently asked about my hair and how I achieve my "signature" big curls look. I always say my secret is hot rollers. But before I style with hot rollers, I always start with a blow out, and this spray is my new hands down favorite for heat styling. It's an incredibly light-weight product and doesn't leave any residue or film in hair.I spray it in before blow drying and voila, my hair is soft, silky, and ready for styling.
4. Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Nail Polish - Let's get this out of the way: There is no at-home polish that can compete with a salon shellac/gel manicure in terms of drying speed and durability. That being said, Sally Hansen's gel nail polish is a pretty close second for a fraction of the price. It dries fast, stays on relativity chip-free, does not require placing your hands in miniature tanning beds, and doesn't take off half of your nail when you try to remove it. Slide into your local drugstore to pick up your own bottle.
5. Buxom Lash Mascara - Buxom Mascara seems to be gaining a secret cult following. It's certainly my favorite and go-to for mascara. It goes on clump-free, both lengthening and defining lashes with striking effect. Maybe best of all, it stays put with no mid-day under eye smudges.
6. Cane + Austin Retexturizing Body Pads - With all the working out and physical activity that dancers participate in, skin can take a beating. Especially when you combine it with makeup, spray tans, and hair products, you can create a breeding ground for bacteria and acne. That's why I love these glycolic pads for exfoliating and treating skin. These are designed especially for the body and are the most effective product I've ever had in eliminating bacne. They are pricey, but if this is a skin concern of yours, they are worth every penny.
7. J. Cat Beauty Wonder Lip Paint - These amazing little beauties are the perfect cross between lipstick and lip gloss. They deliver intense pigment on the level of lipstick, dark enough for the stage, but in the form of a stain that doesn't dry out lips like a heavily pigmented lipstick does. I'm always prone to chapped lips and most lipsticks make the problem worse for me, but I can wear these all day long with no pain to my pucker. Best of all, these beauties start at just $4.99 a tube, and if you use the code 25JCAT, you can get 25% off for the next month!
8. Buxom Full-Bodied Lip Gloss - This is another great lip product that doesn't dry out lips. I would say these aren't pigmented enough to stand alone on stage, but they are a great for added shine applied over a lipstick or for wearing alone when you aren't performing.
9. Joico Gold Dust Shimmer Finishing Spray - This is a fun product for adding subtle shine and shimmer to locks, especially as they catch in the glow of stage lights. I use this product after I've styled and sprayed my hair with a firm-hold hair spray. I then add this product as a final finishing touch to bring out that extra sparkle.
Bonus! Ipsy - If you don't already have an Ipsy subscription, you need one. For only $10 a month you get a cute makeup bag of beauty swag with approximately five products, mixed between sample-sized and full-sized. It's a great way to try new products and see which work for you without a big investment. You can use this link to bypass the waiting period and sign up for your own subscription.