Monday, January 16, 2012

New Year Goal Review, Part One



For me, the start of a new year always marks a time for reflecting on goals: what has transpired in the past year and what are my hopes, dreams, and aspirations for the new year.  Every year I always pick a theme.  One word or short phrase as an easy reminder of the direction I'm headed.  For 2011, my theme was Celebrate & Sparkle.  It was a year about reaping the benefits of all the hard work from 2010, enjoying life, and wearing sequins.

So did I do it?  Did I manifest my theme for 2011?  Did I celebrate and sparkle?  I can answer that with a resounding yes!  2011 was a really good year for me.  A year I saw a lot of dreams come to fruition and I feel truly blessed with the abundance that 2011 bestowed upon me.

In review, here's how my theme played out for the year:

The REALLY big things…
  • After four and a half years in my current relationship, I got engaged!
  • I spent almost three weeks soaking up art, history, and culture in Italy
  • I was promoted to management in my day job, which came with an office and a raise
  • Made the cut as a regular house dancer at Spiro's in Kent
  • Helped one of my best friends celebrate her nuptials as a bridesmaid in her wedding
  • Celebrated turning 30 with friends, food, and champagne
And the rest....
  • Booked more private belly dance parties than ever before
  • Started teaching at Fresh Fitness and Dance, in addition to LA Fitness.
  • Wore loads of sequins, including the purchase of four new designer costumes (the four designers being Eman Zaki, Joharah, Mumtaz, and Pharonics of Egypt) that make me giddy like a five-year-old when I look at them
  • Treated myself to a monthly massage and facial
  • Indulged in regular, if not almost weekly, fresh flowers
  • Rocked some feather extensions
  • Wore new lingerie each month
  • Became a subscriber at the 5th Avenue (as a side note, the new production of Les Miserable is beyond words fantastic)
  • Tried out an aerial skills class and flew through the air on the flying trapeze
  • Spent a weekend relaxing in Oregon wine-country

There is great power in intention.  What are your dreams?  Write them down, tell a friend, shout them to the universe.  Each journey begins with one step, so take your first one today.

What are my goals for 2012 you ask?  You'll have to stay tuned for New Year Goal Review, Part Two!

No comments:

Post a Comment