Thursday, January 3, 2019

Happy & Healthy 2019



It's that time of year again. A time of new beginnings and fresh starts. Shiny resolutions and crisp, juicy goals, ripe for the picking. And oh man, am I on the band wagon. My 2018 was a rough one (which you can read about here if you like). Thus, I am more than ready to leave the old year behind and start anew. A clean slate, a fresh page, a new me.

As part of the new year, I always pick a word or theme for the year. This year I've chosen 2019 to be the year of "happy and healthy". Yeah, it's perhaps not as eloquent or clever as some of my previous themes, but it gets right to the point. Happy and healthy: that's exactly what I want for 2019. No more struggles, no more sadness. No more fears or resentments. Rather, feeling joyful, grateful, and excited for what's ahead. Waking up energized and looking forward to what the day will bring. That's what I want to embody in the year ahead.

Once I pick my theme for the year, I always pick what my goals are going to be that support that theme (as well as goals that align back to my overall core values, which remain consistent year to year). Thus for 2019, my main goals are:
  1. Participate in and complete the Love Sweat Fitness 5-Day Detox and 21-Day Challenge.
  2. Vacation with Ketanga Fitness for a fitness retreat in Barbados, followed by a week exploring the island of the Dominican Republic.
  3. Join Bozenka for her belly dance retreat on the island of Crete in September.
  4. Try out water-skiing for the first time
  5. Compete in the La Dance Orientale belly dance competition
  6. Try the Daily OM 21-Day Goddess Workout
  7. Take a tap dance class
  8. Join The Community run by Maxie McCoy
  9. Stay at the Orondo Earth House B&B
Overall, I want to focus on optimizing wellness, prioritizing self-care, exploring my passions, and just generally having fun.

2019, I'm ready, let's do this!

Photo by Eric Green

2 comments: