Monday, August 17, 2015

Costume Couture

I have to confess, I'm pretty obsessed with costumes. Not just belly dance costumes, but costumes of all kinds. Ever since I was a little girl I've loved to play dress us. Halloween has always been my favorite holiday. And if you invite me to a masquerade ball, Victorian tea party, or renaisance faire, my answer is yes, I'd love to come. In costume, of course. No wonder I was drawn to belly dance: I didn't stand a chance against all those sparkling, sequined costumes!

As I'm currently planning and purchasing my steampunk costume for Seattle's Steamposium, costumes are on my mind. Thus, this month's post is a pictoral ode to all things costume, with emphasis on the couture side of the spectrum. There are so many designers, makeup artists, models, photographers, and more who are doing truly breathtaking work. They infuse our world with beauty, magic, and creativity. If you enjoy the post, follow along with me on Pinterest for more breathtaking and inspiring eye candy.













 






No comments:

Post a Comment