Sunday, February 27, 2011

Ordinary Beauty

 "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." Oscar Wilde

Overall, the month of March just isn't hugely exciting. This time of year I spend a good deal of time sitting in front of a computer in my cubicle. The weather outside remains cold and dreary. No major holidays, except St. Patty's, which doesn't do a whole lot for me. Summer vacations seem far away. Haven't seen my friends, family, the outdoors, or the gym as much as I would like. So it can be pretty easy to get into a rut of slumping it to and from the office every day in a haze of Starbucks lattes, excessive email checking, and deadline anxiety. But there is beauty in the every day, ordinary mechanics of life - if you take the time to look. Which, is what I was doing this week with  my camera. All the pictures below were taken either in my cubicle or in my apartment.















P.S. Wondering how I took all these neat-o shots? Using my iPhone and the Hipstamatic app and the Swanko app, my few favorite additions!



No comments:

Post a Comment