My theme for 2010 was "Fortune Favors the Bold", with the emphasis really being on boldness - on knowing what you want and going for it with gusto. Ignoring the naysayers and shaping my life to my own terms. With boldness in mind, here's what I managed to accomplish during 2010:
- I spent a month in Greece, split between Athens, Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, and Lesvos.
- I attended a belly dance retreat and received my teaching certification.
- I participated in two belly dance competitions.
- I interviewed with LA Fitness and was hired on the spot.
- I asked for a raise, with positive response.
- I auditioned for Fresh Fitness and Dance in Wallingford, and starting in January I will be one of the studio's instructors.
- I officially organized my belly dancing activities into a viable business, including obtaining my business license.
- I designed and launched my website.
Which is what is inspiring my theme for the 2011. As 2010 was so much about doing and accomplishing, 2011 is going to be about relaxing and enjoying life. Less doing, more being. I hereby officially announce my theme for 2011 to be "Celebrate and Sparkle"! Here's what a year dedicated to "Celebrate and Sparkle" looks like for me:
1. Wear more sequins - because they are fun and sparkle (duh). As a belly dancer, I think it's a prerequisite that you have a fascination with sequins. For me, this is really about dressing authentically and using style to express my individuality on a daily basis. In honor of this, I just bought this dress from Asos!
2. Buy more lingerie - because it's frivolous, feminine, and flirty. This is a natural extension for a year that is about indulgence.
3. Dance with abandon - this year I want to take my performances to the next level. I want to allow myself to be vulnerable and to exhibit my heartfelt joy during each performance. My goal is to really connect with my audience and make them forget they are sitting in their seats.
4. Get a monthly facial and massage - because self-care is important and it's vital to take the time out from busy schedules to nurture, relax, and rejuvenate.
5. Travel to England - my heart aches when I'm not exploring new countries. England is the selected country for this year so that I can visit one of my best friends, explore the English countryside, traipse through medieval castles, marvel at the art and architecture, and linger over afternoon tea.
Ready to set your own theme for 2011? Here's a couple resources to get you going:
- Reverb 10: This has taken the blogging world by storm. It's a series of 31 prompts, one for each day of December, to help you reflect on 2010 and set intentions for 2011.
- Stratejoy: Molly, the brains and driving force for Stratejoy, will be hosting a free call all about creating a guiding theme for 2011.
- Goddess Leonie: Visit Leonie's website to download her 2011 Creating Your Goddess Year Workbook, Planner and Calendar.